To apply for IHSS services please contact:
Marin County IHSS: 415-457-INFO (4636)
To apply to become a provider for IHSS please contact:
IHSS Public Authority of Marin
Service Employees International Union - United Healthcare Workers West (SEIU-UHW)
IHSS pays for some domestic and personal care services for elderly and disable adults so that they can remain safely in their own homes. The IHSS provider is chosen by the client, and works in the client's home to do those tasks the client cannot do for themselves.
- IHSS requires a determination of financial eligibility.
- Clients must either have full-scope Medi-Cal or be Medi-Cal eligible.
- IHSS social workers will assess the client in his/her own home to determine the hours per month of care needed.
- IHSS applicants who have income in excess of the SSI benefit levels may have a share-of-cost each month.
- IHSS may include housework, shopping, laundry, medical transportation, meal preparation, and assisting with personal needs such as bathing, dressing and transfers.
IHSS is getting a new statewide computer system:
The State of California is implementing a new computer database for the In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) programs to improve efficiencies and streamline functions such as time card processing. The new computer system is called the Case Management Information and Payroll System II (CMIPS II). The biggest change will be time card processing.
View General FAQ about CMIPS II.
Visit the Marin County IHSS timesheets web page.
IHSS program overview (PDF)
View State videos on IHSS
IHSS Finding and Hiring a provider (PDF)
More information available on the California Department of Social Services IHSS website.
IHSS lawsuit settlement regarding the 20% cuts:
Oster/Dominguez Settlement Agreement
Notice about In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Settlement of IHSS lawsuits