Nutrition Wellness Program
The Nutrition Wellness Program is funded by the Network for a Healthy California to prevent obesity in low-income communities. The places where we live work and play are one of the most important things determining whether we end up healthy or not, and not all communities have a fair chance to be healthy. The Nutrition Wellness Program helps communities and schools with a high concentration of low-income households to improve their food and fitness environments through a variety of free services, including:
- Nutrition education classes and events
- Train the trainer workshops for community leaders to teach nutrition education
- Rethink Your Drink campaign to decrease access to and consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages
- Social marketing to help promote healthy communities
- Communities of Excellence neighborhood-based assessments
Nutrition Wellness Program staff also coordinate the countywide Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) initiative, which brings community partners together to create community conditions so ALL Marin residents have the opportunity for healthy eating and active living.